Do you work with Marketing Companies, SEO Companies, etc. as resellers?
- You bet! We actually encourage dealers to utilize their marketing and service partners participation with their web presence. Ask us about our volume discount program.
Do I have to host my site on your servers?
- No, you can host YOUR site wherever you like*. The idea with WordPress is to have the freedom to do whatever you want. We are of course happy to help out wherever we can, and that includes hosting plans, but we leave that up to you.
*No Microsoft Servers
What is the Vehicle Marketing System (VMS)?
- DealerTrend's Vehicle Marketing System is cloud-based software that allows you to manage vehicle inventory. Our VMS has been built for ease of use and functionality. Once your inventory is in the VMS and designated as ready for sale, it is made available to the CarDealerPress WordPress plugin for dynamic display. See our VMS videos for more information.
Known issues and requirements for the CarDealerPress plugin?
- Please review this page for known issues and requirements: Known issues and requirements.
Can I manually enter vehicles and manage them in your Vehicle Marketing System (VMS)?
- Yes, the Vehicle Marketing System (VMS) has been built for easy data entry. You can even enter and manage data from a mobile device. See our VMS videos for more information.
How often does my inventory update?
- For automated imports this is dependent on your feed provider. We continually look for new updates, so if your provider can provide multiple daily feeds we will manage that accordingly. If you are adding inventory manually it will be displayed on your site within a few minutes.
Can we send an automated feed to you from our current provider?
- Yes, we can import data from just about anyone in the industry. Check out this page for a list of active providers and more information.
Can you send my inventory to 3rd Parties, like Autotrader or cars.com?
- Yes, we can send your inventory to any vendor with the ability to handle industry "standard" data formats. Here is a list of vendors we currently send data to.
Can the VMS and CarDealerPress manage multiple dealers in portal sites?
- Yes, VMS has been designed with the ability to combine multiple dealers for use in the WordPress plugin. We have dealer groups with 20 plus franchises as well as local portal sites that have upwards of 50 dealers on one site.
Can I customize the inventory pages?
- Yes, all of our inventory themes are built with HTML and CSS and can be easily customized. It is also possible to create completely unique themes. See this article for more extensive changes to the inventory themes: Customizing inventory pages.
Do you have a Facebook inventory display?
- Yes, we can display your inventory "specials" within a tab on your dealership's Facebook page. We don't have a full inventory listing as we have learned that having targeted "specials" gets better results. Facebook users aren't looking to browse your inventory from within Facebook, but may be interested to take a quick of what you have marked as "special".
Can I add CarFax to my inventory?
- Yes, we can add a Carfax logo/link for your inventory. There is a $59.00 one time fee.
What kind of support do you offer?
- We of course offer full inventory support which includes imports, exports, and inventory mapping adjustments.
We have been building automotive websites for over 13 years and are also available for WordPress work on an hourly basis. From emergency fixes to adding live chat, we are here to make sure that you succeed. We also have these online resources:
- DealerTrend's YouTube Channel
- Support and Ticketing System
Do you offer a secure credit application?
- Yes, we offer a credit application through one of our partners. The application offers pre-screening, credit pulling, compliance products and much more. Check out this page for more information.
What countries does your plugin work in?
- The data set that we use to scrub inventory and the rules in our system have been designed for the US and Canada only at this time. If you are interested in trying our system in another country with manual entry only, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Can I upgrade/downgrade at anytime?
- Yes, you can add or remove features/subscriptions at any time. We will prorate your account accordingly.
Can I develop a plugin based on your API?
- We created an API for two reasons; 1. for our own use, and 2. so that dealers, developers, marketing companies, etc. could create new and innovative products for the automotive industry. If you choose to utilize the API, it is your responsibility to "do the right thing". If you aren't sure what that means or have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.